THE WEDDING: The wedding will be broadcast and streamed live on the 19th. The event starts at Noon local time, that is 7am EDT. Below we share coverage plans for the bigger TV networks and online sites on the 18th/19th. We’ll continue updating this until the wedding itself. Scroll down for our separate list of special programs about Meghan, Harry and the wedding.
- BBC America has announced it will have live coverage on the 19th (although the network doesn’t yet specify the ceremony itself will be carried live).
- CBS has announced it will start its live broadcast at 4am EDT on the 19th, including live coverage of the wedding itself. CBSN’s streaming platform begins its coverage on the 18th and continues through the wedding on the 19th.
- NBC’s Today show reports Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb will anchor live coverage on Friday the 18th and 19th from “an exclusive location overlooking Windsor Castle.” Megyn Kelly and Kathie Lee Gifford will then anchor their shows from Windsor; Al Roker and Sheinelle Jones will also be there. The live coverage on the 19th starts at 4:30am on the 19th. (Again, the network has not specifically stated the wedding itself will be carried live.)
SUNDAY APR 22: Channel 5 in the UK airs a one-hour documentary, Meghan Markle: The First 100 Days
FRIDAY MAY 11: FOX airs Meghan Markle: An American Princess from 8-10pm EDT. Click here to read more about the special program.
SUNDAY MAY 13:
- Lifetime’s Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance premieres at 8pm EDT. Click here to visit Lifetime’s program page on the movie.
- RTL in Germany will broadcast “Meghan Markle – The role of her life”. Via Christin on Twitter, aka Packham Gown. More info here.
MONDAY MAY 14: PBS begins a 5-part series Royal Wedding Watch airing 10-11PM EDT M-Th, 10:30-11 Friday.
WEDNESDAY MAY 16: NBC airs Inside the Royal Wedding: Harry & Meghan at 10pm. Click here for more info.
SATURDAY MAY 19: CBS is airing a two-hour special, Royal Romance: The Marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at 8pm EDT. More info here.
SUNDAY MAY 20: CBS airs a one-hour special, Meghan Markle: An American Princess.
- Invitation to a Royal Wedding, ITV, “will delve into what goes into planning a royal wedding, featuring interviews with people behind the scenes and those with firsthand experience of organizing events on this scale” according to this story in Variety.