THE WEDDING: The wedding will be broadcast and streamed live on the 19th. The event starts at Noon local time, that is 7am EDT. Below we share coverage plans for the bigger TV networks and online sites on the 18th/19th. We’ll continue updating this until the wedding itself. Scroll down for our separate list of special programs about Meghan, Harry and the wedding.
SATURDAY MAY 19TH – LIVE WEDDING COVERAGE
- BBC America has announced it will air the wedding as a live and direct simulcast of BBC One’s live coverage.
- 4:00am EDT: CBS coverage is hosted by Gayle King and ET’s Kevin Frazier
- 4:30am EDT: NBC’s coverage features the Today Show crew
- 5:00am EDT ABC’s coverage is hosted by Robin Roberts and David Muir
- 6:00am EDT: Fox News coverage will be anchored by Shepard Smith and Sandra Smith
- PBS will carry the wedding live.
- CBSN’s live stream starts at 4am EDT
- ABC’s live stream time is TBA
- The Royal Family Channel on YouTube is going to stream the wedding
- The BBC’s coverage will be streamed live on the network’s website
- The NY Times will stream the wedding
- BBC America will have a livestream, but a TV provider is required to login
- BritBox, the subscription streaming service owned by BBC and ITV will stream ITV’s wedding coverage live starting at 10:30 BST (that is 5:30 EDT). (The service runs $6.99 a month after a one-month free trial.)
- Non-News programs:
- MOVIE THEATRES: An encore viewing of ITV’s live wedding coverage will be offered in select movie theaters. Watch this space for more info, and/or visit this site.
- UK: (there are many other hours of programming, this is merely the live wedding coverage itself
SATURDAY MAY 19TH – SPECIAL PROGRAMMING & OTHER COVERAGE
- ABC broadcasts a special edition of 20/20 (10 – 11 pm) with David Muir recapping the events of the day
- CBS airs a two-hour special, Royal Romance: The Marriage of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at 8pm EDT. More info here.
- BritBox streams ITV’s one-hour recap of the day’s events.
SATURDAY MAY 19: See coverage notes above
SUNDAY MAY 20: CBS airs a one-hour special, Meghan Markle: An American Princess.