Meghan in Sentaler, Stuart Weitzman and Chloé for first Royal Christmas in Sandringham!

Today Meghan joined the Royal family for Christmas church services at Sandringham, the Queen’s country estate.

Meghan looked relaxed as she made what had to be a daunting debut with the Royal family.

Although she has attended private gatherings with other Royals, this is her first public appearance with the family.

After church the Royals did a walkabout. In this video from Richard Palmer of The Express you can see Harry and Meghan chatting with a woman named Judith Wallis; she is on holiday at the Park House hotel, which is next to the church.

Meghan and Kate as they walked to St. Mary Magdalene.

Kensington Palace Twitter (@KensingtonRoyal)

Meghan wore a coat from one of her favorite brands Sentaler. She was in the Long Wide Collar Wrap Coat in the camel colorway; it retails for $1,295 USD. A few sizes remain in xsmall, medium and large. The product description notes: “This long wrap coat in luxurious baby alpaca has the SENTALER signature wide collar that works in harmony with the longer length. The fit and flare vented hem keeps the femme feel of a sophisticated classic that will be worn season after season.” In this video you can see how the coat moves when Meghan is walking.

The dress worn by Meghan is a Club Monaco piece, originally a Canadian company. Meghan’s dress is the Tay style.

The wrap-style dress is done in a burgundy velvet, with a deep vee-neck, with tiered, ruffled sleeves. Originally priced at $298 the dress is on sale for $239. We’re not able to recall who IDed the dress; if someone knows it would be wonderful if you could let us know, we’d love to properly recognize that person. (If curious about the brand’s ownership, it was purchased by Ralph Lauren in 1999.)

Meghan’s hat is by Philip Treacy. This is from the milliner’s Facebook page.

Philip Treacy Facebook

Meghan’s boots are by Stuart Weitzman, the ‘Highland’ Boot in Nutmeg.

The product description reads: “Suede backed with Lycra® shapes a supple, slimming over-the-knee boot with attitude to spare. A back tie and flexible rubber sole ensure that the fit is great and the comfort is high.” The style originally retailed for $923.

A similar style, the ‘HiLine,’ which has a slightly wider heel, is available here in Nutmeg.

UPDATE:  It looks like Meghan’s gloves are by UK retailer Marks & Spencer.  More specifically, we think Meghan wore the M&S Collection Leather Detail Gloves in Dark Tan, retailing on the US site for $31.

After looking at additional photos in a Daily Mail story, and seeing Meghan wearing a Marks & Spencer sweater, we think this is the glove Meghan was wearing.

Meghan carried the Pixie Leather and Suede Crossbody bag by Chloé.

We show the bag at Matches Fashion, where it is $1550. It is also offered at My Theresa at the same price point.

Meghan wore the Birks Snowflake Small Round Jacket Earrings she wore to the Queen’s pre-Christmas lunch last week.

1. Beth December 25, 2017 at 12:54 pm

I look forward to reading your blog for all the details on Meghan. I have been looking forward to this all week.
    I was most curious about what kind of hat she would wear. Many suggested a fascinator but somehow I just couldn’t quite imagine that. Although I think her choice is lovely I expected to see something more along the lines of what Kate wore. Any ID on the hat yet?

1. what meghan wore December 25, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Hi Beth – no ID on the hat yet. It looks similar to ones that Kate has worn. Thoughts were maybe a Canadian millinery or perhaps one we have not looked into yet. With the dash to get the first post up and it being Christmas Day, hope to have more of a chance to look again later. Agree though – did not expect to see her in a fascinator – but more of something like she chose or perhaps a more traditional hat.
      Thanks so much for your comment and following along!

1. Beth December 25, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Yes, absolutely like something that Kate favors. I’m guessing Lock and Co. but would be happy to see a new milliner. Please enjoy your Christmas Day!

2. Imke January 5, 2018 at 4:51 am

The hat is confirmed as a Philip Treacy.

1. what meghan wore January 5, 2018 at 10:24 am

Thanks Imke – we hadn’t had a chance to update the blog with the information on the hat, however had it over on our Facebook page. We are making some more updates today and over the weekend. 🙂

2. Brenda December 25, 2017 at 4:22 pm

The hat has a Jane Taylor feel to it. There are some excellent milliners in Toronto, but it would have to be shipped and hats can sometimes get stuck in customs.

Meghan’s coat is gorgeous. Baby alpaca is a delicate fabric, so you often see alpaca in a blend with another wool. This whole ensemble is a hit.

1. Imke January 5, 2018 at 4:50 am

The hat is confirmed as a Philip Treacy.

3. Bertie December 25, 2017 at 4:34 pm

A great debut outfit from Meghan, classy and understated and a decided cooling of the temperature after those engagement photos

It’s taken me a while to realize her hat matches Harry’s beard – comic! It’s genius how she’s taken a classic camel coat and upgrades it with a beret style chapeau with that cheeky fascinator embellishment. Classic & contemporary all in one.

And matching the beret shape with the circular bag was another understated masterstroke. This all bodes well for Meghan’s Royal style file. Can’t wait for more – hopefully she’ll stick around if not put off by ranks of stony-faced royals. She’s been a small bright bird of colourful plumage and free to flit where she wished – can she really take on the Royal yoke? I do hope so.

4. Faith Poole December 29, 2017 at 7:27 pm

She seems to be a lovely young woman, and Harry clearly looks happy. I really wish she would do something her hair, it never looks good, just hanging around.
    NOTE: Admin edit

1. what meghan wore December 29, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Remember, she is an established celeb/actor already – which helps with the spotlight aspect of it all. Some time to settle-in and adjust and she should be ok. It’s going to be a really fun and exciting 2018!

5. Wendy January 3, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Thank you for this blog! I was hoping for this and look forward to future posts. Nice job!!

1. what meghan wore January 3, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Thank you so much Wendy! Lots of fun and exciting things to come! – Susan C.

6. pam January 3, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Hi Susan-am so beyond words excited that you’re doing this blog and love that you’re continuing the ingenious layout that Susan #1 started with my beloved WKW which I have been following from the beginning and my question to you is how do I signup to get your blog emailed to me as well? I apologize as am not very computer literate but I didn’t see anywhere to sig up? You’re off to a great start!Thx!

1. what meghan wore January 3, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Hi Pam – Thank you so much for your kind words and support! We will have the email sign-up option added soon and let everyone know when they can sign up. – Susan C.

7. Mallory Paxton January 3, 2018 at 8:52 pm

What a great start for both Meghan and the blog! For her first Christmas with the Royals, Meghan managed to look both traditional and fashion-forward. Can’t wait to see more!

1. what meghan wore January 4, 2018 at 3:18 am

Thanks Mallory – very excited about all of this! Meghan looked smashing and so happy on Christmas Day! I have the CM dress she wore on its way to me and am excited to share reviews of that with everyone here. 😉 – Susan C.

8. LadyLeah January 3, 2018 at 10:51 pm

I am so thrilled to find this blog, Susan C!

Beautiful format and such a lovely tone you have set.

I’m a WKW fan and I’m delighted to have another place to visit for royal fashion.

Three Cheers for WMW!!!

1. what meghan wore January 4, 2018 at 3:15 am

Aww, thanks very much Leah! So kind of you. Really excited about all of this and building out the site – sharing all kinds of great WMW info with followers! 🙂

9. Bonnie January 3, 2018 at 10:59 pm

Hi Susan2,
    I came here after the announcement on What Kate Wore, that you were doing this blog. I look forward to your posts and Susan1’s collaboration. Many of us enjoy WKW because the standards are high and the comments are edited to keep out the nasty, gossipy stuff. I assume that WMW, will have similar standards to WKW.

I thought Meghan looked very classic and smart on Christmas Day at church. Everything co-ordinated so well. My only quibble would be, that in some ways the outfit seemed to overwhelm Meghan. The boots obviously went very high and too much leather, resulted in their slouchy look. The coat with its huge collar and tie belt gave the appearance of excess fabric. The hat made a statement. Meghan is quite petit and in future I’d like to see her in a “lighter” look.

1. what meghan wore January 4, 2018 at 3:13 am

Hi Bonnie – thanks so much for your kind comments and following along here! I’ve been a follower of WKW from the very beginning (since 2011 I would say). Susan and I have the same high standards and respect around posts, comments and the way the blog/site as well as all the social media platforms should run with regards to WMW. Most importantly, WMW is a community that all should want to come to – have fun, enjoy and find the information you might be looking for regarding Meghan with ease.
      – Susan C. 🙂

10. Jamie Gibbs January 4, 2018 at 2:04 am

Please email me all new posts!! I’m so happy for you and I’m excited to follow along.

1. what meghan wore January 4, 2018 at 3:02 am

We will be sure to add you once we adjust the blog this week. Thanks!!

2. what meghan wore January 4, 2018 at 9:47 am

Jamie – we have added the option to subscribe to the blog via email on the right of the page just above the links for social media. Thanks! SusanC

11. Stephanie January 6, 2018 at 12:16 pm

So happy that you have started this blog in collaboration with WKW. It was getting stressful trying to decide what blog I would be dedicated to in order to follow Meghan’s journey but since the announcement on WKW, I am worry free! I am sure you will be a great success and I am looking forward to reliable, BS free coverage of Meghan in the coming months and years. Congrats!!

1. what meghan wore January 7, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Thanks Stephanie – We are looking forward to providing you and all of our followers some amazing coverage here at WMW with the same integrity as WKW! – SC 🙂

12. Lindsey January 8, 2018 at 3:10 pm

Another WKW follower who is excited that there will be Meghan blog that follows the same standards! And excited for watching Meghans progression the next few years. My hope/expectation is that she will (also) forge a strong relationship with Sophie, Countess of Wessex, as they have a similar background: strong career women with success in their own right before their connections to the Royal family, and therefore having to make an adjustment. Kates entire adult life has been connected to the RF in some way, since her and William met at University. I’m sure that both Sophie and Kate will be invaluable support for Meghan.

1. what meghan wore January 9, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Thanks Lindsey! I think you’ll be very pleased with the outcome over here at WMW. We have some exciting stuff planned overall!! – SusanC

13. SoCal Gal January 22, 2018 at 12:01 am

I follow several blogs such as Royal Millinery, Royal Sartorial Splendor and What Kare Wore and I’m delighted to follow this new blog of What Meghan Wore!!! It’s so nice getting in at the beginning of a new venture and it appears that there will be high standards regarding the comments policy. I for one can’t wait for the royal wedding and have already ordered my hat that I’ll wear, in the middle of the night, during our planned party! I am of course in the States on Pacific time so it will be an all-nighter for us. I’m going to go with an ivory boat neck/off the shoulder gown that will show off Meghan’s lovely collarbones but will still be appropriate for church.

14. Holly February 2, 2018 at 5:25 pm

Why isn’t this updated?

1. what meghan wore February 5, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Hi Holly, and thank you for reading. Is it the gloves information you were asking about? If so, that is definitely our oversight, and I’m glad you asked; it reminded me we needed to add that info. If it is something else you are thinking of, let us know and we’ll look into whatever you might be thinking requires more information. 🙂 -sek

15. Holly February 9, 2018 at 4:08 pm

No, I just wondered why this hasn’t been updated since Christmas? Megan has appeared in public several times since and was expecting photos, detail and comments to be on this site like on the “What Kate Wore” one.